- Mr.Kannan, II ECE has been a part of the team of FILPKART GRID 3.0 ROBOTICS CHALLENGE and won the First Prize of Rs. 1,50,000. After 9000 registrations, 46 teams making it to the Round 1 Finals, they have won the prestigious Flipkart Grid 3.0 Robotics Track Trophy. Dated: 2022.
- Ms.Vindhya.K, III ECE got III Prize at WIZELECTRA’22 (Paper Presentation) at Loyola Institute of Technology. Dated: 04-01-2022.
- Mr.G.Charan, Mr.SakalaUdayManideep, Ms.BodduSwetha&Ms.Y.Vijaya Shri, IV ECE received Best paper award at “NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON FRONTIERS IN COMMUNICATION AND SIGNAL PROCESSING SYSTEMS” – ADHIYAMAAN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. Dated: 28/4/22 & 29/4/22.
- Mr.Bhargav, IV ECE got III Prize at ELECTROFOCUS ’22 (Project Contest) at MADRAS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, ANNA UNIVERSITY. Dated: 7/5/22 & 8/5/22.
- Mr.Kannan, II ECE got II Prize at SRISHTI NATIONAL LEVEL TECHINICAL EXHIBITION (Project Contest) – SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Kerala. Dated: 25/4/22 & 26/4/22.
- Awards Received for the academic year 2017-18 & 2018-19
- Harini, M. Pushpakumar, N. Nivas Kumar the WINNERS IN SMART HACKHATHON 2019 (HARDWARE EDITION) held at Dhayanandha Sagar University, Bangalore for their project titled “Telepicking interface with item picking robotics”.
- Sinoj, M. Pushpakumar, Nivetha. S, Neihitha. V, Sindhu. R won FIRST PRIZE in the project contest held at Jeppiar Institute of Technology, Chennai for their project titled “Artificial eye assisted navigation aid”.
- Neihitha, S. Nivetha, M. Pushpakumar, R. Sindhu, P. Sinoj won THIRD prize in the project contest held at Anna University, Chennai for their project titled “Artificial eye assisted navigational aid for visually challenged”.
- “Explosive Detection using Octocopter” designed by Balaji, V. Ajith Krishna, SreeSai, Archana, Shravanthi were the NIYANTRA 2017 finalists.
- “Crack Detection using Drones” designed by Balaji, V. Ajith Krishna, SriHarsha won the best project award and a cash prize of Rs.5000/- at ManakulaVinayak Institute of Technology.
- Internal Assessment Test-3 Toppers in 2nd & 3rd year for the academic year 2018-19
- Internal Assessment Test-2 Toppers in 2nd & 3rd year for the academic year 2018-19
- Funds Received
- Patents Filed
Key Features Of Department
- The department of ECE was established during the year 2001, was approved by AICTE during 2001, permanently affiliated with Anna University during 2014, accredited by National Board of Accreditation during 2009 for 3 years and renewed for 3 years during.
- The Department was recognized as a Research Centre by Anna University, Chennai.
- Experienced and qualified Faculty with an average experience of 10 years.
- The faculty team has 4 competent Doctorates under disciplines of VLSI, Signal Processing, Wireless Sensor Networks and Chaotic Non Linear Systems with one Anna University recognized supervisor.
- Around 45 research papers have been published by all the faculty in peer reviewed, referred, UGC indexed and Scopus indexed journals.
- Received funds from AICTE under Research Promotion Scheme, Faculty Development Programme, Short Term Training Programme and MODROBs worth Rs.25,00,000/-.
- Established an exclusive Centre of Excellence in LabVIEW in association with National Instruments, Bangalore worth Rs.60,00,000/- with an average of 35 certified CLAD- Certified LabVIEW Developer- an International Online Certification.
- The department pursues research with a high end infrastructure including Network Analyzer operating at 3 GHz.
- Students have been recruited in core companies like, Bosch, Digilogic, National Instruments, MBIT wireless, Seimens, etc and Giant Software companies such as TCS, IBM, Cognizant, Wipro, Mindtree, Infosys, ZOHO, etc.
- Students have been shortlisted for the second round of Smart Hackathon – Hardware.
- Students have won the third prize worth Rs.20,000/- in Anna University- Technology Exhibition held at Anna University, Chennai.
- Students have emerged to be competent enough to have started a Startup in Robotics and were shortlisted among top 10 Startups in India and are going to be a part of the Incubation initiative.
- The students are trained in designing and printing using 3D Printers.
- The department has 6 main Technical clubs with specialization in Embedded Systems, VLSI, Antenna Design, LabVIEW, Matlab and Networking.
- The department is associated with IEEE in the form of Societies in association with Robotics and Automation, Photonics, EMIC and Signal Processing Society.
- All the faculty are lifetime IETE and ISTE Members.
- All our faculty interact with the Industry and interact with them in collaboration with ICT.
- Kovarthan, R. Dhanushri were Shortlisted to Second Round in SIH-2021 for the Project titled “Smart agri-horticulture”.
- Sinoj, M. Pushpakumar, Nivetha. S, Neihitha. V, were finalised for the state level in AICTE Chhatra Vishwakarma Award – 2019 for Project Titled “Green Techno Basket“.
- Bhargav, Ch. Vikas, Ch. Nagajyothi, B. Swetha, G. Nithish kumar, A. Govardhan, B. Amrutha, Somasekar, R. Swetha, C. Charankrishna were Conducted the Workshop for the school students on “Awareness of drones in schools.” The school students were benefited through this event Army public school, Chennai “30th November 2019”, MODEL high school, Nandhavram, MarripaduMandal, Nellore dist,AP 5th December 2019, ZPP highschool,karatampadu, Atamakur,spsr Nellore dist,AP “5th December 2019”.
- Vignesh, J. Sebuloan, V. Tamilselvan, M. Pushpakumarwon BEST business plan Award in SRISHTI 2019 held at Saintgits College of engineering, Kerala for their project tiled “Mixed reality and augmented reality Learning Experience”.
- Thulasi Raman and Shenbagarajwon THIRD PRIZE in the Project Contest held at Manakula Engineering College, Pondicherry for their Project Titled “E- Toll System”.
- “Smart Trash Bin”designed by Keerthipriya, Naveen Raj, Mahendar, Lakshmi Vandana were NIYANTRA finalists.
- “Smart Trash Bin”and “Underwater Communication using ELF Technology” were shortlisted for the Project Expo “ Shrishti, SaintGITs Institute of Technology, Kerala.
- Rekha won SECOND PRIZE in FEST O COMM 2K18 (robin hood) event held at RVS Padhmavathy College of engineering and Technology, Chennai.
- Shenbagaraj, N. Thulasi Raman won FIRST PRIZE in NAKSHATRA ’18 (Connexions, Dare to Touch) event held at S. A. Engineering College, Chennai.
- Sai Kiran Kumar, M. Srinivasa Vishnu Teja won THIRD PRIZE in Saankethika 2K18 (Innovation Mind) event held at R. M. D. Engineering College, Chennai.
- Kundhana, N. Charishma, M. Srinivasa Vishnu Teja, G. Akhil, P. Virajitha, T. Srilekha won SECOND PRIZE in Saankethika 2K18 (Charadas Muets) event held at R. M. D. Engineering College, Chennai.
- Sravani won SECOND PRIZE in FALCON ’18 (ADZAP) event held at T.J.S. Engineering College, Chennai.
- Shivani, S. Sandhya, A. Thulasi Devi won FIRST PRIZE in Ethical Hacking & Malware Analysis (Quiz) event held at Prathyusha Engineering College, Chennai.
- K. Jothirmayee, Kundana, Pavithra, Roopadevi, Rudra, Priyadarshini, Sindhupriya were
the runners up in Anna University, Zonal Ball Badminton Tournament.
- Vaishnavi, won a cash prize of Rs.1500/- as the Third Prize in the essay competition on “Industry 4.0” by National Productivity Council, Chennai.
- Nivesh, won the Zonal Ball Badminton Tournament, Boys at Anna University, Chennai.
- Jyothirmai, Kundhana, Bhavana, Rudhra, SindhuPriya, Rupa Devi, secured the third place in Zonal Ball Badminton Tournament, Girls at Anna University, Chennai.
- Shobana, Final Year ECE, and Smrithi, III Year ECE won the third prize in the Oratorical Competition during “Women Empowerment” organized by Women in Engineering, IEEE Madras Section.
- “Low Computational Artificial Intelligence Genetic Algorithm Assisted SLM PAPR Reduction Technique for Upcoming 5G Based Smart Hospital” Dr. K. Anitha, Metaheuristic and Evolutionary Computation: Algorithms and Applications, Springer
- “Modified Morris-Lecar neuron model: Effects of very low frequency electric fields and of magnetic fields on the local and network dynamics of an excitable media” Dr. K. Anitha, Research Square, SCI
- “Cyber Attack Detection on IOT Using Network Traffic Mechanism by Neural Network Predictive Approach” Dr. S. Arun, European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine, SCI
- “Coexisting attractors in a fractional order hydro turbine governing system and fuzzy PID based chaos control” Dr. K. Anitha, Asian Journal of Control, SCI
- “Machine Learning approach for student learning performance prediction before final examination” Mr. E. U. Iniyan, Turkish Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Scopus indexed Journal
- 106 students and 9 faculty appeared for NPTEL Online Certifications.
- 33 students achieved CLAD certification in the National Instruments LabVIEW Academy.
- Shobana, ECE received the Gold Elite certification in the NPTEL Online Certification for the Course ”Machine Learning”.
- S. Hemajothi, Professor, ECE received the third Best Digiguru award by ICT Academy.
- E-Yantra Initiative partners with Mr.E. Dilliraj, Mr. R. Ajin, Ms. Subbulakshmi and Mr. Yuvaraj as faculty, completed 6 tasks.
- M. Moorthi, Professor received the Young IEEE Professional status by IEEE Madras Section.