- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To stimulate the academic environment of promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research in campus.
- To encourage self-evaluation, accountability, autonomy and
- To undertake quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmes.
- To make familiar and used to with the latest technological developments in the field of information communication.
- Student’s performance is evaluated through Internal Assessment Test [IAT] and End semester Examinations and students Grievance if any is fully addressed by means of well established mechanism.
- The college adopts mentor/ tutor system to look after the learning capabilities of students individually.
- Feedback system is adopted to evaluate the teacher’s performance by students / alumni.
- Apart from traditional lecture method of teaching, the IQAC advocates student centric learning – a process in which group discussions, interactive session, seminars , articles / book review, conducting various academic related activities , extension activities, each students, participation in skill development programmes, learning value/ ethics based courses etc., are involved.
- Each department is allotted with 14 different co-ordinators to lookj into academic, teaching, research, placement, student support etc.
- The monitoring system in respect of teaching, learning and evaluation is manifold such as, IQAC, feedback from stakeholders, Management Review, Internal Audit by IQAC and ISO surveillance Audit by external agency.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- IQAC assists the college in preparing Academic Plan every year
- It publishes “ Academic Calendar” each year and issues to all the faculty and students incorporating the Academic Plan in it
- Faculty Development Programmes and orientation programmes are arranged for enhancing professional competency and teaching skills of the faculty.
- It ensures that the Departments provide course outline and course schedule to the students prior to the commencement of the academic session.
- The use of ICT, e-learning, e-books on-line journals, software meant for teaching are the latest technologies in operation at the initiatives of IQAC.
Members of IQAC
|S.No||Name of the Members||Designation||Position|
|Dr. Ramesh Babu B.R||Head of the Institution||Chairperson|
|Mr. Vasu M||Advisor||Member|
|Dr .Gopikrishnan M||Professor, CSE||Member, Coordinator|
|Dr. Kavitha V R||HOD, CSE||Member|
|Dr. Jayaraman P||HOD, MECH||Member|
|Dr. Dhasarathan P||HOD, BT||Member|
|Dr. Sathiyaprakash K||HOD, EEE||Member|
|Dr. Malathi P||HOD, ECE||Member|
|Dr. Thiagarajan R||HOD, IT||Member|
|Ms Vallabhy S||HOD, CIVIL||Member|
|Dr Surekha R||HOD, S & H||Member|
|Ms. Famitha S||Associate Professor, CSE||Member|
|Mr. Ramasamy N||Associate Professor, MECH||Member|
|Mr. Cholapandian K||Associate Professor, BT||Member|
|Ms. Shobana S||Associate Professor, EEE||Member|
|Mr. Iniyan E U||Asst. Professor, ECE||Member|
|Ms. Omana J||Asst. Professor, IT||Member|
|Ms. Uma P||Asst. Professor, S&H||Member|
|Dr. G. Saravanan, Product Manager, Cater Pillar India Pvt.Ltd.||Eminent person from Industry||Member|
|Mr. Sahoo||Librarian Finance Manager||Member|
|Pre Semester Audit||1. Even Semester Audit – 1 – Before commence of Semester.
2. IAT-1 Question paper verification and collection from 2nd and 3rd year as per Bloom’s Taxonomy
|IAT – 1||1. Audit – 2 IAT -1 Answer script audit
2. Intensive IAT -1 Answer script audit
3. Audit – 3 IAT – 1 Phase – 1 Course file audit along with Course outcome analysis.
4. Audit – 2- IAT -1 Answer script audit report submission to chairperson.
5. Audit for Mentor book updation.
|IAT – 2||1. IAT-2 Question paper verification and collection as per Bloom’s Taxonomy
2. Audit – 3 IAT – 1 Phase – 1 Course file audit report submission to chairperson.
|1. Audit – 4 IAT – 2 Answer script audit
2. Intensive IAT – 2 Answer script audit
3. Audit – 5 IAT – 2 Phase – 2 Course file audit along with Course outcome analysis.
4. Audit – 4 IAT -2 Answer script audit report submission to chairperson.
5. Audit for Mentor book updation.
|IAT-3||1. IAT-3Question paper verification and collection as per Bloom’s Taxonomy
2. Audit – 6 for UPC questions collections – category wise.
3. Audit – 5 IAT – 2 Phase – 2 Course file audit report submission to chairperson.
|1. Audit – 6 IAT – 3 Answer script audit
2. Intensive IAT – 3 Answer script audit
3. Audit – 7 IAT – 3 Phase – 2 Course file audit along with Course outcome analysis.
4. Audit – 6 IAT -3 Answer script audit report submission to chairperson.
5. Audit – 7 IAT – 3 Phase – 2 Course file audit report submission to chairperson.
6. Audit for Mentor book updation.
|MODEL||Model Question paper verification and collection as per previous year Question paper.|
|1. Audit – 7 Model Answer script audit
2. Intensive Model Answer script audit
3. Audit – 8 Model Phase – 3 Course file audit along with Course outcome analysis.
4. Audit – 7 Model Answer Script audit report submission to chairperson.
|END SEM||1. Audit – 8 Model Course file audit report submission to chairperson.
2. Individual faculty complete course file audit for Odd semester.
3. File verification Audit for all Departments except S&H required by as per NBA, AICTE & NAAC.
- AQAR (Annual Quality Assurance Report)
- IQAC- Meeting –Minutes
- MOM_IQAC 20 – 21 (EVEN)
- MOM_IQAC 20 – 21 (ODD)
- MOM_IQAC 19 – 20 (EVEN)
- MOM_IQAC 19 – 20 (ODD)
- MOM_IQAC 18 – 19 (ODD)
- MOM_IQAC 18 – 19 (EVEN)
- MOM_IQAC 17 – 18 (ODD)
- MOM_IQAC 17 – 18 (EVEN)
- MOM_IQAC 16 – 17 (ODD)
- MOM_IQAC 16 – 17 (EVEN)
Professor, Dept of CSE
IQAC – Coordinator
Prathyusha Engineering College
Channai – 602025.
Mobile : 8056003434 / 044-37673767