About the Department
Information Technology is riding the crest of the computer wave. The Department of Information Technology has as its expedition the accumulation, creation, and dissemination of knowledge in Information Technology and acts as a focal point for development, growth and entrepreneurship.
- The Department has state of art laboratory facilities with 100Mbps Internet Connection to support the student’s works on recent technologies as well as research projects.
- The Department is headed by an experienced Professor. The strength of the department is the team of well qualified, experienced and dedicated teaching faculty and the supporting staff. All our faculties are the life members of ISTE & CSI. The Department faculty have several patents, publications in conferences and refereed Journals and sponsored industry projects to their credit.
- Department has produced excellent academic results consistently and has achieved more than 90% placement. Our Students have got placed in IBM, TCS, INFOSYS, COGNIZANT, WIPRO, etc.
- Placement training on soft skills, aptitude and coding is given from I semester towards developing the skills expected by the Industries.
- Value added programmes on recent technologies are conducted for the benefit of the student to enhance the technical skills of the students.
- Cloud based practice portal is provided to all students to practice aptitude, verbal, reasoning, puzzles and coding from I semester to ensure the placement readiness of every student gradually.
- Department has student chapter of CSI, IETE & IEEE and our students have membership in IE, CSI, IEEE, etc. which supports them in organizing and attending technical seminars, workshops, conferences, etc.
- MoUs with INFOSYS, MICROSOFT, IBM, etc.
- Data Science Club, Cloud Computing Club, IoT Club, Ethical Hacking & Cyber Security Club, Coding Club, Web Technologies Club and Mobile App Club are the Technical clubs with which students can enroll and gain expertise by means of the Industry Expert Interactions, Workshops, Projects, etc.
- Industrial visits to nationally recognized organizations and industries like IGCAR, Kalpakkam, Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), Sriharikota, INFOSYS, VI-MICROSYSTEMS, TCS iON Center,, are arranged to create awareness to them on industry standards, requirements and practices.
- Project Based Learning is adapted from I semester to help the students to understand the concepts by doing projects and experimenting their own innovative ideas.
- Activity Based Learning has been adapted and different activities like paper presentation, Project expo, quiz, speech competition, Debate, Singing, Painting and drawing and Skit on specific themes like Air Pollution, Agriculture in Engg., Child Safety, etc., are conducted regularly to motivate the students to showcase their talents