PO, PEO, PSO
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Students will be able to be:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and Engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex Engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional Engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable developments.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex Engineering activities with the Engineering Community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Life – long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life- long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO-1: To train the graduates to be excellent in engineering profession by updating technical skill-sets and applying new ideas as the technology evolves.
PEO-2: To enable the graduates to excel in professional career and /or higher education by acquiring knowledge in mathematical, calculation and engineering principles.
PEO-3: To enable the graduates to be competent to grasp, analyze, design, and create new products and solutions for the real time problems that are technically advanced, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
PEO- 4: To enable the graduates to pursue a productive career as a member of multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams, with an appreciation for the value of ethic and cultural diversity and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSOs)
PSO1: Apply their technical knowledge in the domain of engineering mechanics, fluid, material and thermal sciences to solve engineering problems by employing highly developed technology.
PSO2: Effectively apply the principles of design, analysis and solve engineering problems relating to mechanical systems together with allied engineering streams.
PSO3: Develop and implement new ideas on product design and development with the help of modern CAD/CAM tools, while ensuring most excellent manufacturing practices.