Engineering Practices Lab
The objective of this lab course is to provide exposure to the students with hands on experience on various basic engineering practices in Civil & Mechanical Engineering (i.e. Carpentry, plumbing, sheet metal, welding, lathe and Foundry).
Manufacturing Tech Lab 1
The objective of this lab course is to study and practice the various operations that can be performed in lathe, shaper, drilling, milling machines etc. and to equip with practical knowledge required in the core industries.
Manufacturing Tech Lab 2
The objective of this lab course is to study and acquired knowledge on various basic machining operations in special purpose machines and its applications in real life manufacture of components in the industry.
Thermal Engineering Lab 1
The objective of this lab course is to study valve timing- V diagram and performance of IC engines, to study the characteristics of fuels/lubricants used in IC engines and to study the performance of steam generator/turbine.
Thermal Engineering Lab 2
The objective of this lab course is to study the heat transfer phenomena predict the relevant coefficient using implementation and to study the performance of refrigeration cycle/components.
The objective of this lab course is to supplement the principles learnt in kinematics and dynamics of machinery and to understand how certain measuring devices are used for dynamic testing.
Metrology And Measurements Lab
The objective of this lab course is to familiar with different measurement equipments and use of these equipments in quality inspection.
The objective of this lab course is to impart knowledge about the elements and techniques involved in mechatronics systems which are very much essential to understand the emerging field of automation.
The objective of this lab course is to gain practical experience in handling 2D drafting and 3D modeling software systems, to study the features of CNC machine tool, to expose students to modern control systems and to know the applications of various CNC machines like CNC lathe, CNC vertical machining centre, CNC EDM and CNC wire-cut and studying of Rapid prototyping.
Industry Attached Laboratories
Tvs Harita Tech Serve Digital Manufacturing And Product Design Lab
The objective of this lab course is to
- Create a pool of strong Industry ready talent from the students undergoing training in CATIA and DELMIA software.
- Help them understand concepts in design, various phases and roles that design engineers play in real life.
- Exposing them to CAD-CAM-CAE-PLM-ANALYSIS conceptually and to the relevant software tools to enhance their skills. Expose them to reverse engineering which is the most practised product development practice in India.
- Bridge the gap between Industry requirements and skills taught in CATIA and DELMIA software beyond academic course.
- Teach and build interactive skills and team work in students during their education and making them much more objective when they enter real life.
- Groom engineers who are highly conversant with design processes involving need-finding, ethnographic field work, rapid prototyping and testing.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has set up a library to support the students as well as the staff members in their academic purpose. It consists of more than 180 volumes of Engineering books, which includes books covering Thermal Engineering, Design, Manufacturing, Inudstrial Engineering, workshop practice, Tribology and Automobile Engineering areas. A lending period of 15 days is allowed for students and lending period of 60 days is allowed for staff members. A reading room of 900 sq.ft area is specially alloted for department library. Working time of department library is from 8.00 AM to 5.00 PM. Significant volumes of reference books are added in the department library every year for the benefit of students and staff members.
No Of Volumes : 180