ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Information Technology is riding the crest of the computer wave. The Department of Information Technology has as its expedition the accumulation, creation, and dissemination of knowledge in Information Technology and acts as a focal point for development, growth and entrepreneurship.
- The Department has state of art laboratory facilities with 100Mbps Internet Connection to support the student’s works on recent technologies as well as research projects.
- The Department is headed by an experienced Professor. The strength of the department is the team of well qualified, experienced and dedicated teaching faculty and the supporting staff. All our faculties are the life members of ISTE & CSI. The Department faculty have several patents, publications in conferences and refereed Journals and sponsored industry projects to their credit.
- Department has produced excellent academic results consistently and has achieved more than 90% placement. Our Students have got placed in IBM, TCS, INFOSYS, COGNIZANT, WIPRO, etc.
- Placement training on soft skills, aptitude and coding is given from I semester towards developing the skills expected by the Industries.
- Value added programmes on recent technologies are conducted for the benefit of the student to enhance the technical skills of the students.
- Cloud based practice portal is provided to all students to practice aptitude, verbal, reasoning, puzzles and coding from I semester to ensure the placement readiness of every student gradually.
- Department has student chapter of CSI, IETE & IEEE and our students have membership in IE, CSI, IEEE, etc. which supports them in organizing and attending technical seminars, workshops, conferences, etc.
- MoUs with INFOSYS, MICROSOFT, IBM, etc.
- Data Science Club, Cloud Computing Club, IoT Club, Ethical Hacking & Cyber Security Club, Coding Club, Web Technologies Club and Mobile App Club are the Technical clubs with which students can enroll and gain expertise by means of the Industry Expert Interactions, Workshops, Projects, etc.
- Industrial visits to nationally recognized organizations and industries like IGCAR, Kalpakkam, Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), Sriharikota, INFOSYS, VI-MICROSYSTEMS, TCS iON Center,, are arranged to create awareness to them on industry standards, requirements and practices.
- Project Based Learning is adapted from I semester to help the students to understand the concepts by doing projects and experimenting their own innovative ideas.
- Activity Based Learning has been adapted and different activities like paper presentation, Project expo, quiz, speech competition, Debate, Singing, Painting and drawing and Skit on specific themes like Air Pollution, Agriculture in Engg., Child Safety, etc., are conducted regularly to motivate the students to showcase their talents
Under Graduate Programmes
Course Name: B.Tech Information Technology
Course Duration: 4 Years
DEPARTMENT NEWSLETTER –2020-21
CENTRALISED SERVER CONFIGURATION:
IBM BLADE SERVER-UNIPROCESSOR INTEL XEON-2.4GHz QUAD CORE, 8GB ECC RAM, 300 GB HDD, DUAL GIGABIT NETWORK INTERFACE
INTERNET FACILITY :
PULSE TELESYSTEMS Pvt Ltd with 100 Mbps (1:1) Internet Leased Line
|LABORATORY COURSE||LAB NAME||CONFIGURATIONS / S||NO. OF SYSTEMS|
|IT6311 – PROGRAMMING AN DATA STRUCTURES II||SUN LAB||INTEL CORE2DUO E7500 2.93GHZ PROCESSOR, 2GB DDR2,250GB SATA, KEYBOARD PS/2, 18.5TFT, OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||33|
|IT6312- DATABASE MANEGEMENT SYSTEMS LAB||ORACLE LAB||INTEL CORE2DUO E7500 2.93GHZ PROCESSOR, 2GB DDR2,250GB SATA, KEYBOARD PS/2, 18.5TFT, OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||33|
|IT6313- DIGITAL COMMUNICATION LABORATORY||DIGITAL COMMUNICATION LAB||INTEL®CORE,I3-3240,CPU@3.40GHZ,2.00GB(RAM),32BIT,HP KEYBOARD,HP MOUSE||28
|HP PRO 3330 MTPC/I3-2100/2GB/500 GB DESKTOP HP 18..5″ LCD MONITOR||2|
|IT6411-MICROPROCESSOR AND MICROCONTROLLER LABORATORY||MICROPROCESSOR LAB||INTEL®CORE,I3-3240,CPU@3.40GHZ,2.00GB(RAM),32BIT,HP KEYBOARD,HP MOUSE||28|
|HP PRO 3330 MTPC/I3-2100/2GB/500 GB DESKTOP HP 18..5″ LCD MONITOR||2|
|IT6412-OPERATING SYSTEMS LABORATORY||FOSS LAB||INTEL CORE2DUO E7500 2.93GHZ PROCESSOR, 2GB DDR2,250GB SATA, KEYBOARD PS/2, 18.5TFT, OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||33|
|IT6413-SOFTWARE ENGINEERING LABORATORY||FOSS LAB||NTEL CORE2DUO E7500 2.93GHZ PROCESSOR, 2GB DDR2,250GB SATA, KEYBOARD PS/2, 18.5TFT, OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||33|
|IT6511 -NETWORKS LABORATORY||SUN LAB||NTEL CORE2DUO E7500 2.93GHZ PROCESSOR, 2GB DDR2,250GB SATA, KEYBOARD PS/2, 18.5TFT, OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||33|
|IT6512-WEB PROGRAMMING LABORATORY||SUN LAB||NTEL CORE2DUO E7500 2.93GHZ PROCESSOR, 2GB DDR2,250GB SATA, KEYBOARD PS/2, 18.5TFT, OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||33|
|IT6513-CASE TOOLS LABORATORY||IBM LAB||33|
|IT6611-MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT LABORATORY||ADOBE LAB||HPDESKTOP 280 G1,INTEL CORE I3@4160 4 GB,DCR III-1600 MHZ,500 GB HDD,18.5 HP LED MONITOR, HP KEYBOARD AND MOUSE||66|
|IT6612COMPILER LABORATORY||MICROSOFT LAB||66|
|GE6674 COMMUNICATION AND SOFT SKILLS – LABORATORY BASED||ENGLISH COMMUNICATION LAB||HCL BRANDED CORE 2 DUO 2.93 GHZ, 2 GB DDR 2 RAM,250 GB STORAGE, 15″CRT MONITOR, KEYBOARD & MOUSE||1|
|HP COMPAQ D X2480 INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.66 GHZ / 1 GB / 160 GB HDD/ 15″ CRT HP MONITOR / KEYBOARD & MOUSE||16|
|HP COMPAQ D X2280 INTEL DUAL CORE 2.66 GHZ / 512 MB / 80 GB HDD / 15″ CRT HP MONITOR / KEYBOARD & MOUSE||1|
|INTEL P IV 2.8 GHZ / 256 MB / 40 GB HDD / 15″CRT LG MONITOR / KEYBOARD & MOUSE||11|
|HP COMPAQ D 290 INTEL P IV 3.0 GHZ / 512 MB / 80 GB HDD / 15″ CRT HP MONITOR / KEYBOARD & MOUSE||5|
|IT6711-DATA MINING LABORATORY||MICROSOFT LAB||66|
|IT6712-SECURITY LABORATORY||MICROSOFT LAB||66|
|IT6713-GRID AND CLOUD COMPUTING LABORATORY||ADOBE LAB||HPDESKTOP 280 G1,INTEL CORE I3@4160 4 GB,DCR III-1600 MHZ,500 GB HDD,18.5 HP LED MONITOR, HP KEYBOARD AND MOUSE||66|
INDUSTRY ATTACHED LABORATORIES
|Lab Name||Industry Attached||Equipments / Specifications||No. of Systems|
|CISCO NETWORK ACADEMY||CISCO||INTEL CORE I3-2100 3.10GHZ PROCESSOR,2GB DDR2,320GB SATA,KEYBOARD PS/2,18.5LED,OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||25|
|IBM CLOUD COMPUTING||IBM||INTEL CORE I3-2100 3.10GHZ PROCESSOR,2GB DDR2,320GB SATA,KEYBOARD PS/2,18.5LED,OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||25|
The Library aims to improve the knowledge of the users by effectively utilizing the timely updated resources through the innovations of the Information Technology and to facilitate customer satisfaction through high quality service. The department has a well equipped library with collection of book in various disciplines of computer science and Engineering like Operating system, Computer Architecture, Compiler Design, Artificial Intelligence, Database system and also maintains project works done by the students.
No: of Volumes : 463
No: of Titles : 247
No: of Titles : 296
- Dr.P.Chitra, Professor & Head, received “Outstanding Women Educator and Scholar” award from NFED, Coimbatore during March 2021.
- Partners in Success 2019Award to the Institution by Infosys Technologies.
- Ms.J.Omana, AP/IT has received “Silver Level-Partners in Success-2019” award from INFOSYS | Campus Connect.
- Dr.P.Chitra, Professor & Head and Ms. M.D.Boomija, AP/IT have received “Bronze Level-Partners in Success-2019” award from INFOSYS | Campus Connect.
- Vishali has secured Anna University 46th Rank for the year 2018.
- 31 students have completed online courses offered by International Universities through COURSERA and UDEMY.
- 5 Students have completed online courses offered by MNCs like IBM through COGNITIVE CLASS.
- Placement in IBM, INFOSYS, TCS, COGNIZANT, WIPRO, etc.
- Department has received “Academic Excellence Award” in “Higher Education Excellence Awards -2019” by Global Education and Career Forum.
- Vasuki Divya, IV yr IT won first prize for the project “Automatic Pathhole detection” in project contest held at VelTech Engineering College. Received cash prize of Rs.1500/-
- Divya Rani G,IV yr IT, won second prize for project “Dual Sentiment Analysis for two two sides of Review” in “GANDIVIA”, National level project contest conducted by Jeppiar Engineering College Received cash prize of Rs.1500/-
- Pravalika D.C, IV yr IT, won second prize for project “Estimation and Prediction of Diabetes using Association & Summarization Technique” in “GANDIVIA”, National level project contest conducted by Jeppiar Engineering College . Received cash prize of Rs.1500/-
- Best Accredited Student branch award” for the year 2014-2015 among 418 student branches in Region VII
- S.Vishali and S. Sabarish were awarded “ELITE CERTIFICATION” by NPTEL for the course Mobile Application Development.
- N.Monisha, P.Devi Shankari and R.Sasi Kannan won 2nd Place in National level “Open House Project Contest – 2015” held at Dhanalakshmi College of Engineering on 3.9.15 to 5.9.15 among more than 300 projects.
- Received funds from TNSCST for the projects “Real time bus announcement system using RFID” and “Wireless Powered Glucose Sensor to monitor Diabetics”.
- Received fund three times from CSIR for conducting seminars.
- 10 Software Technical Clubs have been inaugurated till now by eminent industry experts.
- Partners in Success 2013 Award by Infosys Technologies Recognized as Advanced Partner Institute in Campus Connect Confederation of Indian Industries All India Innovator 2012 Award – Rs. 50000 Cash
- Periodic guest lectures, workshops are organized for the benefit of students to supplement their curriculum. This facilitates our students to enrich their knowledge and to update the current industry trends.
UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS – View
(Till Odd Sem)
|Academic Year||Percentage||Higher Studies||Entrepreneur||Details|
PROJECTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
|Academic Year||No. of Projects||Details||Achievements|
NPTEL ELITE CERTIFIED STAFF
PATENTS PUBLISHED – View
|1||Dr.P.Chitra||Professor & HOD||B.E, M.E, Ph.D||22 Yearsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Dr. Nalini||Associate Professor||B.E, M.E, Ph.D||15 Yearsemail@example.com|
|3||Dr.R. Thiagarajan||Associate Professor||B.E, M.TECH, Ph.D||15.6 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Mr.A.Subbarayudu||Assistant Professor||B.Sc, M.Sc, M.E.||13.8 Yearsemail@example.com|
|5||Ms. Anuradha||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.E.,||13.2 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Ms.M.D.Boomija||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||13 Yearsemail@example.com|
|8||Ms.J.Omana||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.Tech, (Ph.D)||8.9 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Co-Curricular & Extra Curricular Activities
|Co-Curricular Activities||Extra – Curricular Activities||Achievement|
|Organized||Participated||Details||Total no. of participation||Details|
|2020 – 21||12||43||View||Nil||–||view|
|2018 – 19||5||23||View||17||View||view|
|2017 – 18||17||91||View||11||View||view|
|2016 – 17||20||202||View||100||View||view|
|2015 – 16||16||187||View||85||View||view|
To nurture centre of academic excellence in the field of Information Technology by structuring strong teaching and research atmosphere and to mould young graduates into innovative, self disciplined, competent and visionary IT professionals by maintaining commitment to the society.
- To provide a quality undergraduate education in both the theoretical and applied foundations of information Technology.
- To train the students to effectively apply this education to solve real-time solutions , thus strengthening their potential for enduring prospective careers and gives them a competitive advantage in the ever-changing and challenging global IT environment of the 21st century.
- To initiate collaborative real-world industrial projects with industries and academic institutions to inculcate facilities in the arena of Research & Development.
- To prepare them with an understanding of their professional, ethical responsibilities
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVIES (PEOs)
The graduates of Information Technology should be able to apply basic and contemporary science, engineering, experimentation skills to identifying software/hardware problems in the industry, government and academia and be able to develop practical solutions to them.
PEO – 2:
The graduates of Information Technology Program should be able to use their skills with a strong base to prepare them for flexible career path and to sustain a lifelong career in related areas.
PEO – 3:
The graduates of Information Technology Program should have an exposure to state of art technologies, adequate software training and opportunities to work as team on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills and leadership qualities and adaptive emerging technologies.
PEO – 4:
The graduates of Information Technology Program should be able to establish an understanding of professionalism, ethics, public policy and aesthetics that allows them to become good professional Engineers
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics including discrete mathematics as well as probability and queuing theory, science, and engineering;
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a software or a software/hardware system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as memory, runtime efficiency, as well as appropriate constraints related to economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability considerations;
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams;
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities;
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society;
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning and continuing professional development;
- A knowledge of contemporary issues;
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for practice as a it professional;
- Graduates are able to participate and succeed in competitive examination like GRE, GATE, TOEFL, GMAT, SCJP, RHC, OCP etc.
- The use of current application software; the design and use of operating systems; and the analysis, design, testing, and documentation of computer programs for the use in information engineering technologies.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
To understand, evaluate, design and develop optimized solutions by implementing the core concept of Information Technology
To be able to apply software engineering principles that helps to create quality software that supports all business applications and social solutions.
To be able to adapt to new and evolving technologies and integrate them in bringing up innovations to the problems that are prevailing.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes