Computer Science and Engineering
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2001, with the objective to provide quality education to arm the future generations with core elements of technology by incorporating the concepts of Computer Science & Engineering and impart IT excellence in them. The department, since its establishment it has always produced quality professionals, holding important positions in Information Technology industry in India and abroad.
The department is equipped with well qualified and experienced teaching staff and supporting staff, computing lab, and follows principle, to maintain the quality of teaching and Research. The Department has the state-of-the-art facilities for various laboratories, a well equipped seminar hall, smart class rooms to support e-Learning, and a department library.
In 2015, the Department has been recognised as a Centre for Research, by Anna University to offer Ph.D. and M.S.(By Research) programmes in collaboration with Anna University. And the registered research scholars are working in different research areas ranging from Mobile Adhoc Networks, Network Security, Image Processing, and Web Mining. The department conducts periodical workshops and seminars in association with industries for the benefit of staff and students.
The department is Institutional member of Computer Society of India, Indian Society of Technical Education, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and Institution of Engineers (IE) and also has student chapter of CSI, IETE & IEEE which organizes regularly various value added programs.
Under Graduate Programmes
Course Name: B.E Computer Science & Engineering
Course Duration: 4 Years
Post Graduate Programmes
Course Name: M.E Computer Science & Engineering
Course Duration: 2 Years
- M.S (By Research)
CENTRALISED SERVER CONFIGURATION:
IBM BLADE SERVER-UNIPROCESSOR INTEL XEON-2.4GHz QUAD CORE, 8GB ECC RAM, 300 GB HDD, DUAL GIGABIT NETWORK INTERFACE
INTERNET FACILITY :
Supported by PULSE TELESYSTEMS Pvt Ltd with 100 Mbps (1:1) Internet Leased Line
|LABORATORY COURSE||LAB NAME||CONFIGURATIONS||NO. OF SYSTEMS|
|DATA STRUCTURES LABORATORY||IBM LAB||INTEL CORE2DUO E7500 2.93GHZ PROCESSOR, 2GB DDR2,250GB SATA, KEYBOARD PS/2, 18.5TFT, OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||33|
|DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS LABORATORY
|ORACLE LAB||INTEL CORE2DUO E7500 2.93GHZ PROCESSOR, 2GB DDR2,250GB SATA, KEYBOARD PS/2, 18.5TFT, OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||33|
|OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING LABORATORY||ADOBE LAB||HPDESKTOP 280 G1,INTEL CORE I3@4160 4 GB,DCR III-1600 MHZ,500 GB HDD,18.5 HP LED MONITOR, HP KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
|OPERATING SYSTEMS LABORATORY
|ORACLE LAB||INTEL CORE2DUO E7500 2.93GHZ PROCESSOR, 2GB DDR2,250GB SATA, KEYBOARD PS/2, 18.5TFT, OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||33|
|ADOBE LAB||HPDESKTOP 280 G1,INTEL CORE I3@4160 4 GB,DCR III-1600 MHZ,500 GB HDD,18.5 HP LED MONITOR, HP KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
|MICROPROCESSOR AND MICROCONTROLLER LABORATORY
|MICROPROCESSOR LAB||INTEL®CORE,I3-3240,CPU@3.40GHZ,2.00GB(RAM),32BIT,HP KEYBOARD,HP MOUSE||28|
|HP PRO 3330 MTPC/I3-2100/2GB/500 GB DESKTOP HP 18.5″ LCD MONITOR||2|
|OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN LABORATORY||IBM LAB||33|
|INTERNET PROGRAMMING LABORATORY
|MICROSOFT LAB||HPDESKTOP 280 G1,INTEL CORE I3@4160 4 GB,DCR III-1600 MHZ,500 GB HDD,18.5 HP LED MONITOR, HP KEYBOARD AND MOUSE||66|
|MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT LABORATORY||ADOBE LAB||HPDESKTOP 280 G1,INTEL CORE I3@4160 4 GB,DCR III-1600 MHZ,500 GB HDD,18.5 HP LED MONITOR, HP KEYBOARD AND MOUSE||66|
|SECURITY LABORATORY||IBM LAB||33|
|CLOUD COMPUTING LABORATORY||ADOBE LAB||HPDESKTOP 280 G1,INTEL CORE I3@4160 4 GB,DCR III-1600 MHZ,500 GB HDD,18.5 HP LED MONITOR, HP KEYBOARD AND MOUSE||66|
INDUSTRY ATTACHED LABORATORIES
|Lab Name||Industry Attached||Equipments / Specifications||No. of Systems|
|CISCO NETWORK ACADEMY||CISCO||INTEL CORE I3-2100 3.10GHZ PROCESSOR,2GB DDR2,320GB SATA,KEYBOARD PS/2,18.5LED,OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||25|
|IBM CLOUD COMPUTING||IBM||INTEL CORE I3-2100 3.10GHZ PROCESSOR,2GB DDR2,320GB SATA,KEYBOARD PS/2,18.5LED,OPT USB MOUSE,GIGABIT LAN||25|
Department Library: The Library aims to improve the knowledge of the users by effectively utilizing the timely updated resources through the innovations of the Information Technology and to facilitate customer satisfaction through high quality service. The department has a well equipped library with collection of book in various disciplines of computer science and Engineering like Operating system, Computer Architecture, Compiler Design, Artificial Intelligence, Database system and also maintains project works done by the students.No: of Volumes : 408No: of Titles : 296
First Prize –Mr.Jothesh Won Overall I Prize in NATIONAL LEVEL PROJECT EXPO Organised by T.J.S Engineering College,Chennai for the project “FEN APP”.
Second Prize –Mr. S.R. Kiran, Mr.V. Harish Won II Prize in NATIONAL LEVEL PROJECT EXPO Organised by T.J.S Engineering College,Chennai for the project “V2V using Li-Fi”
First Prize –Mr.Puviarasan and S.M. Praveen Won Overall I Prize in NATIONAL LEVEL PROJECT EXPO Organised by ACG College of Technology,Chennai for the project “Smart water pollution detection for aquatic life protection using IoT and Mobile Cloud”.
First Prize – Mr.Kalaiselvan, Ms.Anuvittha and Mr.Chidambaram won I PRIZE in National level Project Expo held at MVIT,Puducherry for the project “SELF LEARNING BOT”
Consultation Prize – Mr.S.P.Jothesh Mr.R.Jagadeshwaren. secured Consultation Prize in National level Project Expo organized by MVIT,Puducherry.
Consultation Prize – Ms.Sangeetha C, Mr.Naveen Kumar S, Ms.Varalakshmi R secured Consultation Prize in National level Project Expo organized by MVIT,Puducherry.
- Third Prize – Mr. Sritram and Mr. Sasi Vardhan secured Third Prize in National level Project Expo organized by MVIT,Puducherry for the project “Smart City”.
- Second Prize – Mr.Sashivardhan Won II Prize in NATIONAL LEVEL Hackthon 2k18 24 hrs continues coding contest Organised by J.N.N Institute of Engineering college.
- Second Prize – Mr.Haribabu Won II Prize in NATIONAL LEVEL PROJECT CONTEST held at Manakula vinayagar College of Technology for the project “System Access Play Android”.
- Third Prize – Mr.Haribabu Won III Prize in NATIONAL LEVEL PROJECT CONTEST held at Manakula vinayagar College of Technology for the project “Mobile App For Faculty Information.”
- FINAL YEAR STUDENTS – Ms.Nithyasree & Ms.Prithikalakshmi secured BEST PAPER AWARD in National conference held at Velammal Engineering College
- SECOND YEAR STUDENTS – Mr.Kiran & Mr.Jothesh Won Overall I Prize in NATIONAL LEVEL PROJECT EXPO Organised by T.J.S Engineering COllege,Chennai for the project “AI for Farmers”
- THIRD YEAR STUDENTS Won Overall I Prize (Rs. 25,000/-) in NATIONAL LEVEL PROJECT EXPO SCIMIT ’19 for the project “Augmented Reality based Building Construction”
- THIRD YEAR STUDENTS Won II Prize (CSE Domain) in NATIONAL LEVEL PROJECT EXPO SCIMIT ’19 for the project “Blockchain based College Management Application & Certificate Verification”
- CSE IV year Students Ms.Nithyasree and Ms.Prithikalakshmi secured Best Paper Award in national Level Conference at Vellammal Engineering college
- The department is ISO: 9001 certified, Permanent Affiliation from Anna University and the UG – B.E.(CSE) is accredited by both NAAC in 2015 and National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for 3 years from 2017 onwards.
- In 2015, the Department has been recognized as a Centre for Research, by Anna University to offer Ph.D. and M.S. (By Research) programmes in collaboration with Anna University. The Department has the state-of-the-art facilities for various laboratories, a well-equipped seminar hall, Wi-Fi enabled class rooms to support e-learning, and a department library.
- The department organizes various AICTE-ISTE Short-Term Training Programmes, sponsored by ISTE and several Faculty Development Programmes sponsored by Anna University.
- 15 Software Technical Clubs have been inaugurated till now by eminent industry experts.
- Partners in Success 2013 Award by Infosys Technologies and Recognized as Advanced Partner Institute in Campus Connect Confederation of Indian Industries All India Innovator 2012 Award – Rs 50000 Cash
- Microsoft Imagine Cup 2010, Poland – 2nd Place In Worldwide Finals Of Envisioning 2020 Award
- 4 MoUs signed – MoUs with IBM, DELL, Infosys, Indian Servers Pvt Ltd for Web-Tech Club and C-Sec &E-Hack club have been signed.
- Every year around 35 of our students do Internships in reputed IT companies.
- Periodic Guest lectures, Workshops are organized for the benefit of students to supplement their curriculum. This facilitates our students to enrich their knowledge and to update the current industry trends.
- GUINNESS RECORD – For the participation in the “WINDOWS APPFEST”,18 hrs Non-Stop Coding, The world’s largest Coding Marathon for app at Karnataka Trade Promotion Organization Whitefield, Bangalore in Sep 2012.
- Microsoft & Mozilla Student ambassador Programme.
- NIC Projects were developed by Pre-Final year CSE students.
|Academic Year||Pass Percentage||No. of University Ranks|
PLACEMENTS – HIGHER STUDIES – ENTREPRENEUR
|Academic Year||Placement||Higher Studies||Entrepreneur||Details|
PROJECTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
|Academic Year||No. of Projects||List||Achievements|
CSI STUDENT CHAPTER
No. of Activities
IEEE STUDENT CHAPTER
IE STUDENT CHAPTER
|ACADEMIC YEAR||No. of. ACTIVITIES||DETAILS|
|2015 – 16||9||view|
|2014 – 15||9||view|
|No. of Publications||No. of Consultancy work (view)||
No. of Patents (view)
|National Conference||International Conference||International Journal|
BOOKS PUBLISHED BY FACULTY MEMBERS
|Academic Year||No. of Books Published||Details|
NPTEL ELITE CERTIFIED STAFF DETAILS
|YEAR||NO. OF STAFF||DETAILS|
|JUL – NOV 2019||9||VIEW|
|JAN – APR 2019||15||VIEW|
|JUL – NOV 2018||12||VIEW|
|JAN – APR 2018||6||VIEW|
INFOSYS CAMPUS CONNECT – Faculty Excellence Awards
|YEAR||NO. OF STAFF||DETAILS|
|S.No||Name of the staff||Qualification||Designation||EXPERIENCE||Email ID|
|Ms.V.R.Kavitha||MCA.,M.Tech., (Ph.D)||HOD &Associate Professor||21 Years 7 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr.P.Chitra||B.E.,M.E.,Ph.D||Professor||25 Years 4 Monthsemail@example.com|
|Dr.M.Gopikrishnan||MCA.,M.Tech., Ph.D||Professor||21 Years 6 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.W.Thamba Meshach||B.Tech.,M.Tech., (Ph.D)||Associate Professor||16 Years 5 Monthsemail@example.com|
|Ms.S.Famitha||B.E.,M.E.,(Ph.D)||Associate Professor||15 Years 11 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms.B.Gunasundari||B.E.,M.Tech.,(Ph.D)||Associate Professor||15 Years 5 Monthsemail@example.com|
|Ms.R.Kannamma||B.E.,M.Tech.,(Ph.D)||Associate Professor||15 Years 2 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.R.Thiagarajan||B.E.,M.Tech., (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||14 Years 6 Monthsemail@example.com|
|Ms.C. Kamatchi||B.Tech.,M.E||Assistant Professor||13 Years 2 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. A.Subba Rayudu||M.Sc.,M.E||Assistant Professor||12 Years 8 Months||Subbarayudu.email@example.com|
|Mr. I. Mohan||B.Tech.,M.E.,(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||11 Years 6 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms.Anuradha||B.E.,M.E||Assistant Professor||12 Years 2 Monthsemail@example.com|
|Mr.K.Shankar||B.E.,M.Tech||Assistant Professor||13 Years 4 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms.M.Vanitha||B.E.,M.E||Assistant Professor||13 Years 2 Monthsemail@example.com|
|Ms. V.Anitha Lakshmi||B.E.,M.Tech||Assistant Professor||12 Years 3 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms.N.Sripriya||B.E.,M.E||Assistant Professor||12 Years 4 Monthsemail@example.com|
|Ms. M.D. Boomija||MCA.,M.Tech.,(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||10 Years 9 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms.H.Kezia||B.Tech.,M.E||Assistant Professor||9 Years 6 Monthsemail@example.com|
|Ms.R.Meena||B.E.,M.Tech., (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||8 Years 6 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.N.Subramanyam||MCA.,M.Tech||Assistant Professor||7 Years 4 Monthsemail@example.com|
|Ms. B.S. Liya||B.Tech.,M.Tech.,(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||9 Years 5 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms.K.P.Revathi||B.E.,M.E||Assistant Professor||8 Years 1 Monthemail@example.com|
|Ms. J. Omana||B.E.,M.Tech.,(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||7 Years 4 Monthsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms.Sornalatha.K||B.E.,M.E||Assistant Professor||2 Year 2 Monthsemail@example.com|
|S.NO||COURSE CODE||COURSE NAME||STUDY MATERIALS||VIDEO LINKS|
|1||MA8402||Probability and Queuing Theory||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
|3||CS8492||Database Management systems||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
|4||CS8451||Design and Analysis of Algorithms||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
|7||CS8481||Database Management systems Laboratory||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
|8||CS8461||Operating systems Laboratory||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
|15||CS8661||Internet Programming Laboratory||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
|16||CS8461||Operating systems Laboratory||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
|17||CS8662||Mobile Application Development Laboratory||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
|18||CS6801||Multicore Architecture and Programming||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
|19||CS6008||Human Computer Intercation||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
|20||GE6075||Professional Ethics & Engineering||DOWNLOAD||VIEW|
Our Vision is to build a strong teaching & research environment in the field of computer science and engineering for developing a team of young dynamic computer science engineers, researchers, future entrepreneurs who are adaptive to respond to the challenges of 21st century. Our commitment lies in producing disciplined human individuals, capable of contributing solutions to solve problems faced by our society.
- To provide a quality undergraduate and graduate education in both the theoretical and applied foundations of computer science and engineering.
- To train the students to effectively apply this education to solve real-world problems, thus amplifying their potential for lifelong high-quality careers and gives them a competitive advantage in the ever-changing and challenging global work environment of the 21st century.
- To initiate collaborative real-world industrial projects with industries and academic institutions to inculcate facilities in the arena of Research & Development
- To prepare them with an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVIES (PEOs)
PEO-1:To train the graduates to be excellent in computing profession by updating technical skill-sets and applying new ideas as the technology evolves.
PEO-2: To enable the graduates to excel in professional career and /or higher education by acquiring knowledge in mathematical, computing and engineering principles.
PEO-3: To enable the graduates,to be competent to grasp, analyze, design, and create new products and solutions for the real time problems that are technically advanced economically feasible and socially acceptable
PEO- 4:To enable the graduates to pursue a productive career as a member of multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams, with an appreciation for the value of ethic and cultural diversity and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and formulate the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for computing practice.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary, to accomplish a common goal.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- An understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OBJECTIVIES (PSO’s)
A graduate of the Computer Science and Engineering Program will able
PSO1: To Analyze, Design and Develop computer programs / Applications in the areas related to Web-Technologies, Networking, Algorithms, Cloud Computing, Data analytics, Computer Vision, Cyber-Security and Intelligent Systems for efficient design of computer-based and Mobile-based systems of varying complexity.
PSO2: To use modern software tools (like NS2, MATLAB, OpenCV, etc..) for designing, simulating, analyzing and generating experimental results for real-time problems and case studies
PSO3: To Apply Software Engineering practices and strategies for developing Projects related to emerging technologies.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes