ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2001, duly approved by AICTE, accredited by NBA, accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade and permanently affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The sanctioned intake of the department is presently 120,offering Post Graduate programmes in M.E. Communication Systems from the year 2009 with an intake of 18 students.
Anna University has recognized the department as a Research centre for pursuing Ph.D (By Research) programme since 2015. The Research Centre has experienced faculty with two recognized supervisors, with an outcome of enriched research publications every year. The department feels proud to have received grants from various funding agencies for doing research in Biomedical applications and for organizing various Workshops, FDPs, Seminars and International/National conferences in association with ICMR, AICTE, CSIR, IEEE, IETE and BRNS for the benefit of the students and faculty.
The Department is equipped with the state-of-the-art laboratories, aligned with the requirements of the University curriculum thereby building an architect through experiential learning. Complex Engineering Problems are solved during the tutorial hours to enhance the critical thinking skills of the students with the aid of ICT tools. The Industry interaction is strengthened through a minimum of two Industrial visits per semester and Industry Expert Interactions with eminent Industry personalities. The students are encouraged to deliver seminars, publish papers in both National / International Conferences and journals in recent trends, thus promoting technical and communication skills. The students upgrade their technical knowledge through various activities organized in association with Professional Societies viz, IEEE, IETE, ISTE and IE.
The students are encouraged to design, develop inhouse projects and also participate in National Level Project Exhibitions. The department has produced and provides 100% placement and internship for eligible students.
The department has flourished with national level awards and worldwide recognitions like, Microsoft Envisioning Award 2020, Microsoft Imagine Cup, CII Innovator Awards etc.
UNDER GRADUATE COURSES
Course Name :B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering
Course Duration : 4 Years
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Course Name :M.E Communication Systems
Course Duration :2 Years
|Name of Laboratory||Hardware / Software used||
Area of the lab
(in Sq. ft)
|EMBEDDED SYSTEM LAB &
ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS LAB
|PSPICE, ARM7 (LPC2148) SPJ Embedded software||1125|
|VLSI LAB||TANNER, Xilinx ISE 9.1i||1359|
|COMMUNICATION SYSTEM LAB||MATLAB, PSPICE||1110|
|DSP LAB||MATLAB, L-SIM-A & N-SIM-A Network Simulator, NSIM, C++ Code gear||1359|
|MICROPROCESSOR LAB||MASM, Keil3uVision||2150|
|OPTICAL & MICROWAVE LAB||OPTISIM||1110|
|PG LAB||CADENCE, Advanced Design System Software (ADSS)||870.25|
INDUSTRY ATTACHED LABORATORIES
|Name of the Lab||Software / Hardware Used||
Area of the Lab
(in Sq. ft)
|NI Lab||Hardware: NI Elvis – II kit, RIO controller, DAQ controller
Software: LABVIEW 2016
|Embedded / Robotics Lab||Hardware: Arduino UNO, ATmega8 boards, ATmega2560 robotics Kits, PIR sensors, IR proximity Sensors, Keypad for locking system, LCDs, 5V DC motors.
Software: AVR studio, Arduino software, Programmer notepad, Proteus.
No. of Books: 601
No. of Titles: 167
|1||Journal of Communication Techniques||IETECH||2009||1|
|2||Journal of Emerging Technologies||DEC||2011||1|
|3||Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences||NISCAIR||AUG||2012||1|
|4||Journal of Reasearch||IETE||JAN-FEB||2012||1|
|5||Journal of Reasearch||IETE||JULY- AUG||2015||1|
|6||Journal of Reasearch||IETE||SEP-OCT||2015||1|
|7||Journal of Reasearch||IETE||NOV-DEC||2015||1|
|8||Journal of Education||IETE||JULY- DEC||2011||1|
|9||Journal of Education||IETE||JULY- DEC||2012||1|
|10||Journal of Education||IETE||JAN-JUNE||2015||1|
|15||Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences||Springer||OCT||2012||1|
Harini, M. Pushpakumar, N. Nivas Kumar the WINNERS IN SMART HACKHATHON 2019 (HARDWARE EDITION) held at Dhayanandha Sagar University, Bangalore for their project titled “Telepicking interface with item picking robotics”.
Sinoj, M. Pushpakumar, Nivetha. S, Neihitha. V, Sindhu. R won FIRST PRIZE in the project contest held at Jeppiar Institute of Technology, Chennai for their project titled “Artificial eye assisted navigation aid”.
Neihitha, S. Nivetha, M. Pushpakumar, R. Sindhu, P. Sinoj won THIRD prize in the project contest held at Anna University, Chennai for their project titled “Artificial eye assisted navigational aid for visually challenged”.
Internal Assessment Test-3 Toppers in 2nd & 3rd year for the academic year 2018-19
Internal Assessment Test-2 Toppers in 2nd & 3rd year for the academic year 2018-19
KEY FEATURES OF DEPARTMENT
- The department of ECE was established during the year 2001, was approved by AICTE during 2001, permanently affiliated with Anna University during 2014, accredited by National Board of Accreditation during 2009 for 3 years and renewed for 3 years during
- The Department was recognized as a Research Centre by Anna University, Chennai.
- Experienced and qualified Faculty with an average experience of 10 years.
- The faculty team has 4 competent Doctorates under disciplines of VLSI, Signal Processing, Wireless Sensor Networks and Chaotic Non Linear Systems with one Anna University recognized supervisor.
- Around 45 research papers have been published by all the faculty in peer reviewed, referred, UGC indexed and Scopus indexed journals.
- Received funds from AICTE under Research Promotion Scheme, Faculty Development Programme, Short Term Training Programme and MODROBs worth Rs.25,00,000/-.
- Established an exclusive Centre of Excellence in LabVIEW in association with National Instruments, Bangalore worth Rs.60,00,000/- with an average of 35 certified CLAD- Certified LabVIEW Developer- an International Online Certification.
- The department pursues research with a high end infrastructure including Network Analyzer operating at 3 GHz.
- Students have been recruited in core companies like, Bosch, Digilogic, National Instruments, MBIT wireless, Seimens, etc and Giant Software companies such as TCS, IBM, Cognizant, Wipro, Mindtree, Infosys, ZOHO, etc.
- Students have been shortlisted for the second round of Smart Hackathon – Hardware
- Students have won the third prize worth Rs.20,000/- in Anna University- Technology Exhibition held at Anna University, Chennai.
- Students have emerged to be competent enough to have started a Startup in Robotics and were shortlisted among top 10 Startups in India and are going to be a part of the Incubation initiative.
- The students are trained in designing and printing using 3D Printers.
- The department has 6 main Technical clubs with specialization in Embedded Systems, VLSI, Antenna Design, LabVIEW, Matlab and Networking.
- The department is associated with IEEE in the form of Societies in association with Robotics and Automation, Photonics, EMIC and Signal Processing Society.
- All the faculty are lifetime IETE and ISTE Members.
- All our faculty interact with the Industry and interact with them in collaboration with ICT
- Kovarthan, R. Dhanushri were Shortlisted to Second Round in SIH-2021 for the Project titled “Smart agri-horticulture”.
- Sinoj, M. Pushpakumar, Nivetha. S, Neihitha. V, were finalised for the state level in AICTE Chhatra Vishwakarma Award – 2019 for Project Titled “Green Techno Basket”.
- Bhargav, Ch. Vikas, Ch. Nagajyothi, B. Swetha, G. Nithish kumar, A. Govardhan, B. Amrutha, Somasekar, R. Swetha, C. Charankrishna were Conducted the Workshop for the school students on “Awareness of drones in schools.” The school students were benefited through this event Army public school, Chennai “30th November 2019”, MODEL high school, Nandhavram, MarripaduMandal, Nellore dist,AP 5th December 2019, ZPP highschool,karatampadu, Atamakur,spsr Nellore dist,AP “5th December 2019”.
- Vignesh, J. Sebuloan, V. Tamilselvan, M. Pushpakumarwon BEST business plan Award in SRISHTI 2019 held at Saintgits College of engineering, Kerala for their project tiled “Mixed reality and augmented reality Learning Experience”.
- Thulasi Raman and Shenbagarajwon THIRD PRIZE in the Project Contest held at Manakula Engineering College, Pondicherry for their Project Titled “E- Toll System”
- “Smart Trash Bin”designed by Keerthipriya, Naveen Raj, Mahendar, Lakshmi Vandana were NIYANTRA finalists.
- “Smart Trash Bin”and “Underwater Communication using ELF Technology” were shortlisted for the Project Expo “ Shrishti, SaintGITs Institute of Technology, Kerala.
- Rekha won SECOND PRIZE in FEST O COMM 2K18 (robin hood) event held at RVS Padhmavathy College of engineering and Technology, Chennai.
- Shenbagaraj, N. Thulasi Raman won FIRST PRIZE in NAKSHATRA ’18 (Connexions, Dare to Touch) event held at S. A. Engineering College, Chennai.
- Sai Kiran Kumar, M. Srinivasa Vishnu Teja won THIRD PRIZE in Saankethika 2K18 (Innovation Mind) event held at R. M. D. Engineering College, Chennai.
- Kundhana, N. Charishma, M. Srinivasa Vishnu Teja, G. Akhil, P. Virajitha, T. Srilekha won SECOND PRIZE in Saankethika 2K18 (Charadas Muets) event held at R. M. D. Engineering College, Chennai.
- Sravani won SECOND PRIZE in FALCON ’18 (ADZAP) event held at T.J.S. Engineering College, Chennai.
- Shivani, S. Sandhya, A. Thulasi Devi won FIRST PRIZE in Ethical Hacking & Malware Analysis (Quiz) event held at Prathyusha Engineering College, Chennai.
- K. Jothirmayee, Kundana, Pavithra, Roopadevi, Rudra, Priyadarshini, Sindhupriya were
the runners up in Anna University, Zonal Ball Badminton Tournament.
- Nivesh and team were the winners of the Anna University, Zonal Ball Badminton Tournament
- Vaishnavi, won a cash prize of Rs.1500/- as the Third Prize in the essay competition on “ Industry 4.0” by National Productivity Council, Chennai
- Nivesh, won the Zonal Ball Badminton Tournament, Boys at Anna University, Chennai
- Jyothirmai, Kundhana, Bhavana, Rudhra, SindhuPriya, Rupa Devi, secured the third place in Zonal Ball Badminton Tournament, Girls at Anna University, Chennai.
- Shobana, Final Year ECE, and Smrithi, III Year ECE won the third prize in the Oratorical Competition during “Women Empowerment” organized by Women in Engineering, IEEE Madras Section.
- “Low Computational Artificial Intelligence Genetic Algorithm Assisted SLM PAPR Reduction Technique for Upcoming 5G Based Smart Hospital” Dr. K. Anitha, Metaheuristic and Evolutionary Computation: Algorithms and Applications, Springer
- “Modified Morris-Lecar neuron model: Effects of very low frequency electric fields and of magnetic fields on the local and network dynamics of an excitable media” Dr. K. Anitha, Research Square, SCI,
- “Cyber Attack Detection on IOT Using Network Traffic Mechanism by Neural Network Predictive Approach” Dr. S. Arun, European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine, SCI
- “Coexisting attractors in a fractional order hydro turbine governing system and fuzzy PID based chaos control” Dr. K. Anitha, Asian Journal of Control, SCI,
- “MACHINE LEARNING APPROACH FOR STUDENT LEARNING PERFORMANCE PREDICTION BEFORE FINAL EXAMINATION” Mr. E. U. Iniyan, Turkish Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Scopus indexed Journal
- 106 students and 9 faculty appeared for NPTEL Online Certifications
- 33 students achieved CLAD certification in the National Instruments LabVIEW Academy
- Shobana, ECE received the Gold Elite certification in the NPTEL Online Certification for the Course ”Machine Learning”.
- S. Hemajothi, Professor, ECE received the third Best Digiguru award by ICT Academy.
- E-Yantra Initiative partners with Mr.E. Dilliraj, Mr. R. Ajin, Ms. Subbulakshmi and Mr. Yuvaraj as faculty, completed 6 tasks.
- M. Moorthi, Professor received the Young IEEE Professional status by IEEE Madras Section.
|Academic Year||Percentage||No. of University Ranks|
|2020-21(Till Odd Sem)||68.52%||–|
|Academic Year||Percentage||Higher Studies||Entrepreneur||Details|
|2020-21 (Till odd sem)||55%||10%||1%||View|
|Academic Year||No. of Projects||Details|
|S. No||Academic Year||International Journal||International Conferences||National Conferences||
|2020 – 2021||18||–||–||18||VIEW|
|2019 – 2020||12||–||–||12||VIEW|
2018 – 2019
2017 – 2018
|5.||2016 – 2017||09||08||–||17|
|Academic year||Members||No. of Activities||Details|
|S.No||Name of Staff||Designation||Qualification||Experience|
|2||Dr.S. Arun||Professor||B.E.,M.E.,Ph.D||17.4 yrs|
|5||Ms.G. Premalatha||Associate Professor||B.E.,M.E.,(Ph.D)||20.8 yrs|
|6||Ms. P. Malathi||Associate Professor||B.E.,M.E.,(Ph.D)||20.5 yrs|
|7||Ms.M. Priya||Associate Professor||B.E.,M.E.||20.1 yrs|
|8||Mr.L.Padmanaban||Associate Professor||B.E.,M.Tech||18.3 yrs|
|9||Mr.T.Rubeshkumar||Associate Professor||B.E.,M.E.,(Ph.D)||17.4 yrs|
|10||Dr.K.Janaki||Associate Professor||B.E.,M.E.,Ph.D||11.3 yrs|
|11||Mr. N. Nagarajan||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.Tech||16.5 yrs|
|13||Mr.J.ArunPrasath||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||12.2 yrs|
|14||Ms.C.Ada Christa||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||12.5 yrs|
|15||Ms.S.Subbulekshmi||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.Tech||9.4 yrs|
|16||Mr.E.Dilliraj||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||9.5 yrs|
|17||Mr. B.Vidhyapathi||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.Tech||11.3 yrs|
|18||Mr.E.U.Iniyan||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||9.1 yrs|
|19||Ms.P.Vadivu||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||9.6 yrs|
|20||Ms.J.Dolly Irene||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||7.9 yrs|
|21||Mr.J.Yuvaraj||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||6.2 yrs|
|22||Mr.R.Rajesh||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||7.3 yrs|
|24||Ms Krishna Sree||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||3 months|
|25||Ms Parvathy Purushothaman||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||3 years|
|26||Mr K Anandaraj||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||3 months|
|27||Ms Reshma||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.E.||3 months|
|Co-Curricular Activities||Extra – Curricular Activities||
|Organized||Participated||Details||Total no. of participation||Details|
|2020 – 21||19||72||View||Nil||–||–|
|2019 – 20||18||32||View||05||View||View|
|2018 – 19||24||30||View||13||View||View|
|2017 – 18||36||26||View||07||View||View|
|2016 – 17||5||110||View||11||View||View|
|2015 – 16||6||161||View||–||–||View|
|2014 – 15||15||133||View||14||View||View|
|2013 – 14||8||63||View||6||View||View|
To promote academic growth by offering state-of-the-art undergraduate and graduate programmes, and to evolve as a Centre of Excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering equipped with highly-skilled, trained and confident engineers imbued with knowledge of core as well as inter disciplinary domains.
- To produce competent engineers adequately prepared to face challenges of the society and also aims at providing adequate practical training in laboratory which meets the requirements of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To develop innovative and simple instructional material for theoretical and practical subjects to drive the concepts into the minds of the students and guide them towards the success in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To develop the department into a full-fledged centre of learning in various fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering keeping in view of the latest developments
- To prepare them with an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities
- To develop over all personality of the students by encouraging them to participate in technical activities, sports and personality development programmes.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVIES (PEOs)
To inculcate knowledge and an ability to identify, analyze and solve engineering problems associated with their professional position independently and in team environment through lifelong learning.
To enable the Graduates to become dynamic professionals in industries.
To enable the graduates to use the knowledge and communication skills acquired in their graduate program for the development of the nation
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
At the end of the programme students will be able
- To Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex Electronics and Communication engineering problems.
- To Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and Engineering sciences.
- To Design solutions for complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- To Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- To Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Electronics and Communication engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- To Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- To Analyse the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- To Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- To Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- To Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- To Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- To Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO1: The ability to analyze and apply concepts of Electronics and Communication Engineering in the analysis, design, and development of analog and digital integrated electronic systems as well as to interpret and synthesize the experimental data leading to valid conclusions using modern tools such as LabVIEW.
PSO2: The ability to use electronic modern tools for the analysis and design of complex Engineering problems in the design of antenna systems.
PSO3: The ability to analyze, design and solve complex engineering problems in Embedded systems and Robotics.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes