NI LabVIEW (Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation Engineering Workbench) Academy is a tailored version of an Internationally recognized curriculum created by National Instruments (NI) .This academy was initiated by signing MOU with National Instruments in August 3rd 2011 and Purchase of software and related hardware as per the academy requirements. The sufficient workspace, requirements and support have been provided by the Management.
The LabVIEW Academy set up at PECby National Instruments is an initiative under their Planet NI (Nurturing Innovation) framework which strives to increase the employability of Indian engineering graduates by creating Centres of Excellence in engineering colleges which will provide cost effective access to world class latest technology for classroom teaching-learning. To make better engineers the LabVIEW Academy follows the concept of Experiential Education using Graphical system design approach. With a mission to educate students and to discover and disseminate knowledge through research, Prathyusha Engineering Collegeis leading the way towards producing world class engineers tuned to the demands of a fast changing global village . The Academy includes some of the powerful tools like, LabVIEW (Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation Engineering Workbench) and state-of-art Educational Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation Suite (ELVIS) integrated with other hardware/ software to train/ teach on providing customized solutions to industries in various specialized areas related to Test, Measurement & Control
- Conducting Training on LabVIEW software and related hardware
- To Facilitate NI certification to Faculty and students on NI LabVIEW graphical programming and interface with measurement and control hardware..
- Encourage the students to do experiments beyond the curriculum
- Facilitate the Engineering students to develop in-house and Industrial final year real time projects
- Conducting Faculty Development programmes and workshops on LabVIEW for the staff andStudents .
- Competing with globally challenging students with strong knowledge in fundamentals.
- Internship and Placement opportunity to get in to core engineering industries with help from NI Corporation.
LabVIEW Programming Environment: Components of LabVIEW, Data flow, Trouble shooting and debugging VI, Implementing a VI: Data Types, documenting code, while, For loops, Timing a VI, iterative data transfer, plotting data, structures, relating data: arrays, clusters and type definition, Common Design Techniques and patterns: Sequential programming, state machines, architectures, events, timing a design pattern and event programming, Data Management Techniques: Communicating among multiple loops: Variables, functional global variable, race condition, synchronizing data transfer, File I/O techniques: Low, high and advanced, Data Acquisition and interfacing instruments: Hardware setup, software, Measuring analog input, generating analog output, instrument control: using GPIB, serial port, software architecture, Instrument I/O assistant, VISA and instrument drivers.
|· LabVIEW Full Development system with updated version
· LabVIEW Simulation Module
· LabVIEW Real Time Module
· LabVIEW FPGA Module
· Motion Assistant
· NI Signal Express
|· ELVIS –II
· Biomedical Sensors – Vernier green engineering kit I & II
· Free scale Microcontroller
• Bio-medical Engineering
• Civil & Structural Engineering
• Mechanical & Production Engineering
• Process Control Design
• Remote Sensing
• Industrial Automation
• Image Processing
Faculties Received CLAD certification from National Instruments,Bangalore
|Sl.No||Name of the Staff||Designation||Department|
|2||Ms.P.Kalpana Devi||Associate Professor||ECE|
Students Trained & Received CLAD certification from National Instruments,Bangalore
|Year||No. of Students|
|2016 – 17||70||View|
|S.No.||Name of the Student||Department||Year of Internship / Placement||Name of the Company|
|1||Diyyala .N.Chowdry||ECE||2013||National Instruments, Bengaluru
|2||Diyyala .N.Chowdry||ECE||2013||Benchmark Technologies
|4||HarshaVardhan Reddy||ECE||2014||National Instruments, Bengaluru
|5||S.Abinaya||ECE||2015||Electrono Solutions , Bangalore
|8||Dinesh Kumar||EEE||2016||Yashika Industries|
|9||Gokul Das||Mech||2016||Yashika Industries|
|11||Priyanka||ECE||2018||National Institute of Ocean Technology|
|12||P.Revathy||ECE||2018||National Institute of Ocean Technology|
|S.No.||Name of the Student||Department||Year of Placement||Name of the Company|
|1||Diyyala .N.Chowdry||ECE||2013||Digilogic systems Pvt.Ltd.|
|2||Harsha Vardhan Reddy||ECE||2014||Digilogic systems Pvt.Ltd.|
|3||S.Abinaya||ECE||2015||Electrono Solutions , Bangalore|
|4||Snehlata Yadav||ECE||2015||Trident Tech Labs, Bangalore|
|5||Nitesh Jadav||ECE||2015||Captronics Solutions, Bangalore|
|5||Hussain Sheriff||EEE||2017||Tech Labs, Chennai
|6||HariPrasad||EEE||2017||Tech Labs, Chennai|
|7||Gokulan||EEE||2017||Tech Labs, Chennai
TOP NIYANTRA FINALISTS
Finals : List of Projects are presented for the NIYANTRA finals at Bangalore
|Team Head||Team Members||Title of the project||
|1||Balaji.K||SreeSai,Ajith Krishna,JothiSravanthi Archana||Explosive Detection using optocopter||Dr.A.Vijayalakshmi|
|2||Naveen Raj|| J.LakshmiVnadhana
|Smart trash bin||E.Dilliraj|
List of Workshop organized by students
|S.No.||Title of the Programme||Student Resource Person||Beneficiary||No. of Students||Date & Duration|
|1||Programming in LabVIEW using Arduino||Mahesh Reddy (Passed Out student )||IV ECE students||15||08.11.16 & 4 hrs|
|2||Programming in LabVIEW||Sriram, J.LakshmiVandhana||IV yr ECE & EEE students||35||12.08.17
|3||Basics of RIO controller Automation||E.Surekha , Mahendher , Vydegi, KeerthiPriya||II yr ECE & EEE students||120||19.08.17
|4||RIO Controller Automation||Mahendher and Vydegi (IV yr ECE)||Students from Various Engineering Colleges (Aavishkar 2017)||28||16.09.17|
|5||Multisensor fusion analysis using NI MyRIO||M. Praveena ,S.Revathy, R.Pavithra||III Yr ECE & EEE students||28||24.01.18|
|6||Vision acquisition||Sravanthi , Archana , R.Divya||III Yr ECE & EEE students||28||24.01.18|
Awards and Achievements
- Best LabVIEW academy award 2011
- More than 1000 students from ECE ,EEE,CSE ,IT and Mechanical department have been trained in LabVIEW .
- 50 faculty are trained in LabVIEW Core 1 ,core 2 and Hardware training.
- Project titled “Virtual Eye “ selected as Top finalists in VIMANTRA 2013.
- Two teams were shortlisted as Top Finalists in NIYANTRA 2017 More than 30 in house projects have been developed in LabVIEW .
- Project Titled “ Octocopter for Explosive detection : was recommended for Global Design Competition by National Instruments.
- Diyyala N. Chowdry received the LabVIEW Student Ambassador award at 2012
- Diyyala N.Chowdry got internship at National Instruments ,Bangalore at 2013
- HarshaVardhan Reddy got internship at National Instruments ,Bangalore at 2014
- Best Graphical System Design Lab award 2014
- Students got selected for placement in Digilogic systems limited , Captronics solutions, Automated Test System Technologies , Trident Tech Labs, Qualcomm, Electrono Solutions etc,.
- Students got internship at National Instruments, Benchmark Technologies ,Electrono Solutions , ATS , Yashika Industries , TAAL.
- 73 students have been certified for LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) from National Instruments
- S.Malathi ,Ms.P.Kalpana Devi, Ms.M.Sujatha, Ms.M.Priya, Mr.E.DilliRaja ,Ms.T.Kadhambari , Ms.M.Mahalakshmi and Ms.D.Jahnavi are CLAD Certified Faculty from National Instruments
- CLUSTERS 2018- A National Level LabVIEW technical symposium conducted .
- 8 CLAD certified Faculty and 73 CLAD certified students
282total visits,2visits today