Electronics & Communication Engineering
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2001, duly approved by AICTE, accredited by NBA, accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade and permanently affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The sanctioned intake of the department is presently 120,offering Post Graduate programmes in M.E. Communication Systems from the year 2009 with an intake of 18 students.
Anna University has recognized the department as a Research centre for pursuing Ph.D and M.S. (By Research) programme since 2015. The Research Centre has experienced faculty with two recognized supervisors, with an outcome of enriched research publications every year. The department feels proud to have received grants from various funding agencies for doing research in Biomedical applications and for organizing various Workshops, FDPs, Seminars and International/National conferences in association with ICMR, AICTE, CSIR, IEEE, IETE and BRNS for the benefit of the students and faculty.
The Department is equipped with the state-of-the-art laboratories, aligned with the requirements of the University curriculum thereby building an architect through experiential learning. Complex Engineering Problems are solved during the tutorial hours to enhance the critical thinking skills of the students with the aid of ICT tools. The Industry interaction is strengthened through a minimum of two Industrial visits per semester and Industry Expert Interactions with eminent Industry personalities. The students are encouraged to deliver seminars, publish papers in both National / International Conferences and journals in recent trends, thus promoting technical and communication skills. The students upgrade their technical knowledge through various activities organized in association with Professional Societies viz, IEEE, IETE, ISTE and IE.
The students are encouraged to design, develop inhouse projects and also participate in National Level Project Exhibitions. The department has produced and provides 100% placement and internship for eligible students.
The department has flourished with national level awards and worldwide recognitions like, Microsoft Envisioning Award 2020, Microsoft Imagine Cup, CII Innovator Awards etc.
UNDER GRADUATE COURSES
Course Name :B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering
Course Duration : 4 Years
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Course Name :M.E Communication Systems
Course Duration :2 Years
M.S (By Research)
|Name of Laboratory||Hardware / Software used||Area of the lab
(in Sq. ft)
|EMBEDDED SYSTEM LAB &
ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS LAB
|PSPICE, ARM7 (LPC2148) SPJ Embedded software||1125|
|VLSI LAB||TANNER, Xilinx ISE 9.1i||1359|
|COMMUNICATION SYSTEM LAB||MATLAB, PSPICE||1110|
|DSP LAB||MATLAB, L-SIM-A & N-SIM-A Network Simulator, NSIM, C++ Code gear||1359|
|MICROPROCESSOR LAB||MASM, Keil3uVision||2150|
|OPTICAL & MICROWAVE LAB||OPTISIM||1110|
|PG LAB||CADENCE, Advanced Design System Software (ADSS)||870.25|
INDUSTRY ATTACHED LABORATORIES
|Name of the Lab||Software / Hardware Used||Area of the Lab
(in Sq. ft)
|NI Lab||Hardware: NI Elvis – II kit, RIO controller, DAQ controller
Software: LABVIEW 2016
|Embedded / Robotics Lab||Hardware: Arduino UNO, ATmega8 boards, ATmega2560 robotics Kits, PIR sensors, IR proximity Sensors, Keypad for locking system, LCDs, 5V DC motors.
Software: AVR studio, Arduino software, Programmer notepad, Proteus.
No. of Books: 601
No. of Titles: 167
|1||Journal of Communication Techniques||IETECH||2009||1|
|2||Journal of Emerging Technologies||DEC||2011||1|
|3||Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences||NISCAIR||AUG||2012||1|
|4||Journal of Reasearch||IETE||JAN-FEB||2012||1|
|5||Journal of Reasearch||IETE||JULY- AUG||2015||1|
|6||Journal of Reasearch||IETE||SEP-OCT||2015||1|
|7||Journal of Reasearch||IETE||NOV-DEC||2015||1|
|8||Journal of Education||IETE||JULY- DEC||2011||1|
|9||Journal of Education||IETE||JULY- DEC||2012||1|
|10||Journal of Education||IETE||JAN-JUNE||2015||1|
|15||Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences||Springer||OCT||2012||1|
- “Explosive Detection using Octocopter” designed by K. Balaji, V. Ajith Krishna, SreeSai, Archana, Shravanthi were the NIYANTRA 2018 finalists.
- “ Smart Trash Bin” designed by Keerthipriya, Naveen Raj, Mahendar, Lakshmi Vandana were NIYANTRA finalists.
- “Explosive Detection using Octocopter” designed by K. Balaji, V. Ajith Krishna, SreeSai, Archana, Shravanthi were the SHAASTRA 2018 finalists.
- “Crack Detection using Drones” designed by Balaji, V. Ajith Krishna, SriHarsha won the best project award and a cash prize of Rs.5000/- at ManakulaVinayak Institute of Technology.
- “Smart Trash Bin” and “Underwater Communication using ELF Technology” were shortlisted for the Project Expo “ Shrishti, SaintGITs Institute of Technology, Kerala.
- Design of 3D printers by III year students.
- “Prosthetic Leg” designed by Shobana, Final Year ECE participated in the IEEE Expo at IEEE Madras Section along with her Mentor, Dr.M. Moorthi, Professor.
- Vaishnavi, won a cash prize of Rs.1500/- as the Third Prize in the essay competition on “ Industry 4.0” by National Productivity Council, Chennai
- Nivesh, won the Zonal Ball Badminton Tournament, Boys at Anna University, Chennai
- Jyothirmai, Kundhana, Bhavana, Rudhra, SindhuPriya, Rupa Devi, secured the third place in Zonal Ball Badminton Tournament, Girls at Anna University, Chennai.
- Shobana, Final Year ECE, and Smrithi, III Year ECE won the third prize in the Oratorical Competition during “Women Empowerment” organized by Women in Engineering, IEEE Madras Section.
- “5G Multiple Antenna for future multimode Smart Phone Applications”, J. Yuvaraj,
- “An Effective Patient Monitoring System using IOT”, G. Premalatha, IEEE Explore
- “ Optimised Fuzzy Technique for sentiment Analysis”, Dr. M. Moorthi, Cluster Computing, Springer.
- “ Speech Enhancement using Auditory Masking and GMM based Voice Conversion”, Dr. M. Moorthi, Malathi P., IEEE Explore.
- “ Estimation of Association Summarisation Techniques Performance in Prediction of Diabetes Mellitus”, Dr.M. Moorthi, Journal of Network Communications and Emerging Techniques.
- “ A Survey on Sentiment Analysis”, Dr.M. Moorthi, International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering and Technology.
- “Billing Scheme of Toll Booth in Service oriented vehicle network”,Dr.M. Moorthi, Journal of Network Communications and Emerging Techniques.
- “Fusion of Medical Images using wavelet transform and Second Generation Curvelet Transform” ,Mr.U.Iniyan, Mr. L. Padmanabhan, International Journal of Creative Research and Thoughts.
- “Garbage detection in Railway Tracks”, presented by Archana, Akkireddy Jyothi Sravanthi, R. Divya has bagged the best paper award in the National Conference at Vel Tech HiTech Engineering College.
- “Wireless patient health monitoring using IoT”, presented by Akila, S. Ashika has won the first prize in the National Conference held at Velammal Engineering college.
- “Voice Feed writing pen”, VandanaPriya, SwethaPriya, VuppalaSowmya received grants of Rs.7,000/- by TNSCST
- “Imperceptive Steering” designed by PratheebaBasyal,B, Reshma, Sathish, received Rs.13,000/- worth components from Texas Instruments.
- IEEE, Madras Section, Young Professional Society, sponsored the workshop on “ Application of Neural Networks in Engineering Field” organized by Dr.M. Moorthi, Professor
- 33 students achieved CLAD certification in the National Instruments LabVIEW Academy
- Shobana, ECE received the Gold Elite certification in the NPTEL Online Certification for the Course ”Machine Learning”.
- S. Hemajothi, Professor, ECE received the third Best Digiguru award by ICT Academy.
- E-Yantra Initiative partners with Mr.E. Dilliraj, Mr. R. Ajin, Ms. Subbulakshmi and Mr. Yuvaraj as faculty, completed 6 tasks.
- M. Moorthi, Professor received the Young IEEE Professional status by IEEE Madras Section.
|Academic Year||Percentage||No. of University Ranks|
|2017-18(Odd Sem)||79.16%||Not Published|
PLACEMENTS – HIGHER STUDIES – ENTREPRENEUR
|Academic Year||Percentage||Higher Studies||Entrepreneur||Details|
|2017-2018(as on December)||71.01||17||6||View|
|Academic Year||No. of Projects|
No. of Publications
No. of Patents
|National Conference||International Conference||International Journal|
|2016 – 2017||–||08||08||–||View|
|2015 – 2016||01||17||15||–||View|
|2014 – 2015||01||11||68||–||View|
|2013 – 2014||22||9||85||11 (view)||View|
|2012 – 2013||29||14||13||8(view)||View|
|2011 – 2012||13||24||5||2(view)||View|
Professional Body : IEEE
|Academic year||Members||No. of Activities||Details|
|Ms.G. Premalatha||HOD / Associate Professor||M.E., (Ph.D)||email@example.com|
|Dr. S. Arun||Professor||M.E., Ph.Dfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. M. Moorthi||Professor||M.E., Ph.Demail@example.com|
|Dr. S. Hemajothi||Professor||M.E., Ph.Dfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. P. Kalpanadevi||Associate Professor||M.E., Ph.Demail@example.com|
|Ms. P. Malathi||Associate Professor||M.E., (Ph.D)||17 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. L. Vanitha||Associate Professor||M.E., Ph.Demail@example.com|
|Mr. T. Rubesh Kumar,||Associate Professor||M.E., (Ph.D)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. S. Vimala||Associate Professor||M.E., (Ph.D)||email@example.com|
|Ms. M. Priya||Associate Professor||B.E., M.Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. L. Padmanaban||Associate Professor||B.E., M.Techemail@example.com|
|Ms. Sreeja Vijay||Associate Professor||B.E., M.Techfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. N. Nagarajan||Associate Professor||B.E., M. Techemail@example.com|
|Mr. N. Darwin||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. B. Vidhyapathi||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Eemail@example.com|
|Mr. J. Arunprasad||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. S. Subbulekshmi||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Eemail@example.com|
|Ms. C. Ada Christa||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. E. Dilliraj||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Eemail@example.com|
|Mr. R. Ajin||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. J. Dolly Irene||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Eemail@example.com|
|Ms. P. Vadivu||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. E.U. Iniyan||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Eemail@example.com|
|Ms. S. Rubini||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. A. J. Yuvaraj||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.E.,||email@example.com|
|Ms. K. Janaki||Assistant Professor||M.E., (Ph.D)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
To promote academic growth by offering state-of-the-art undergraduate and graduate programmes, and to evolve as a Centre of Excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering equipped with highly-skilled, trained and confident engineers imbued with knowledge of core as well as inter disciplinary domains.
- To produce competent engineers adequately prepared to face challenges of the society and also aims at providing adequate practical training in laboratory which meets the requirements of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To develop innovative and simple instructional material for theoretical and practical subjects to drive the concepts into the minds of the students and guide them towards the success in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To develop the department into a full-fledged centre of learning in various fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering keeping in view of the latest developments
- To prepare them with an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities
- To develop over all personality of the students by encouraging them to participate in technical activities, sports and personality development programmes.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVIES (PEOs)
To inculcate knowledge and an ability to identify, analyze and solve engineering problems associated with their professional position independently and in team environment through lifelong learning.
To enable the Graduates to become dynamic professionals in industries.
To enable the graduates to use the knowledge and communication skills acquired in their graduate program for the development of the nation
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, Electronics and Communication engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system or a component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental , social and health
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- An ability to understand the professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively (ORAL / WRITTEN)
- An ability to understand the necessity of broad education and impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environment, and societal context
- An ability to recognize the need and engage in lifelong learning
- An ability to use the knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, necessary for engineering practices.
- An Ability to develop project management skills and teamwork necessary for successful system design and implementations.
- An Ability to participate and succeed in competitive examination like GRE, GATE, TOEFL, GMAT etc.
- An Ability to design and develop electronics and communication systems using modern tools.
2251total visits,1visits today
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes