TVs Harita Digital Manufacturing Lab
TVS- Harita Techserv Initiative for setting up research centres on Product design and Digital Manufacturing Technologies at PEC
TVS- Harita Techserve Initiative for setting up research centres on Product design and Digital Manufacturing Technologies had invited proposals for setting up On Campus Industry Research Centre as follows,
1. Harita Product Design Research Center
2. Harita Digital Manufacturing Research Center
3. Harita Product Life Cycle Engineering Research Center
4. Harita Product Analysis Research Center
5. Harita Product Data Management Research Center
6. Harita Design Engineering Research Center
7. Harita Lean Research Center
8. Harita Product Carbon Footprint Research Center
9. Harita Product Simulation Research Center
10. Harita Technology Documentation Research Center
It is decided by TVS to set up 10 institutions in Tamil Nadu. They have already set up 6 research centres in Tamil Nadu out of which our college has been selected as Composite Research Centre for New Product Design and Digital Manufacturing Technologies.
Benefits to Harita Techserv:
Benefits to Academic Institutions:
- Social Responsibility to uplift educational research competency in the country
- Harness large technical research talent pool in academia for innovative ideas
- Outsource Research and Product Design to Academic Institutions on a long run
- Technically skilled manpower for recruitment for all TVS group companies & allied partners
Reduce Industry--‐Academic gap
- Teachers & Students get exposed to real--‐time work environments and practices
- Mentoring by Industrial field experts
- Industry Oriented Practical Research Exposure
- Enhanced teaching--‐learning in students with practical hands--‐on exposur
This Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Prathyusha Engineering College (PEC), Chennai and M/S Harita Techserv Ltd, Chennai on 22nd March, 2014.
- Under this MOU, PEC, Chennai has set up the Research Center, with the required infrastructure, workstations and the recommended software to enable the faculty members and student researchers to learn and conduct research on the latest technologies.
- 5 research faculty members will be trained on the required software and tools. Harita Training Experts will intensively train and certify the research faculty on the respective software and tools.
- Harita Techserv would provide some example drawings/structures for the students to learn and grow. Harita would also provide domain specific and role specific content to enrich the learning experience of the students.
- Harita Techserv would absorb students in 7th and 8th semester for a one month working internship at our Offshore Centers. These will not be paid internship but more of a knowledge and exposure giving exercise.
- Harita would conduct contests for Engineers on Design on relevant topics from time to time.
- Harita identified Experts will periodically visit and mentor, monitor the faculty member’s research design, skill development, engineering research activities, performances. They will also evaluate the student researcher’s learning progression and give additional inputs if required.
- Harita would conduct “Campus Placement Drive” for recruiting “Trainee Engineers” from amongst the student researchers. All standard-recruiting procedures would be strictly followed. Recruited Trainee Engineers would be deputed into Harita’s Offshore Development Centers.
- Harita, where and when possible, will bring in live projects, products, design and research activities to be executed by the research faculty and student researchers.